Friday, September 22, 2006

Information Ethics

I got a couple of revelations today. I finally got my answer. Now I know why I studied Information Ethics. Because when you get accused of copying in one silly little class test (it, being the second revelation) by somebody with absolutely no ethics, with absolutely no hard evidence or substantial proof, you need to know the friggin definition of fancy shmancy words like, “defamation” and “hate speech” and “plagiarism” and more importantly, what they all entail. I love the computer science department at my university, but when they screw you over like this, it makes me <FOURIE-US>. What could possibly be worse? My favourite professor, the very one who presented me with my first year award, the one who introduced me to computer science, and made me decide that it was what I wanted to do, the one who made me feel I could keep going when computer science started looking like a very severe matriarchal type of woman thinks I’m a cheater. Now I have to present my cheating face to him and explain how come the Cartoon Heroes have carbon copy scripts. Because, you know, they study together, they go for lectures together, they do their pracs together, so of course it’s completely rational to assume it’s because they copied and thereby imply that they are devoid of ethics, integrity and the basic human dignity ones parents are supposed to inculcate in them as children. Remember in Desperate Housewives how Bree taught Andrew the concept of shame? Exactly like that.

How much more could we have been insulted??

And it’s all thanks to some idiot who clearly believes he has an eye for spotting patterns (a rare gift awarded only to a select few of us) by realising two scripts look exactly the same purely because the one was right on top of the other. I would hate to sound as if I’m arguing from the wrong point of view, but really, what kind of a brainless fool copies from someone word for word, and then as if that wasn’t enough to get Idiot of the Year Award, still hands in at the same time as them?

Tsk, tsk…

9 comments:

neverBlink said...

Aah! it seems as if he's fallen from grace..

whitebird said...

Times like this are not for conscientious moral-gleaning..they are for centering the truth and preserving self-sanctity.

I know this seems like *verbose* digression, but when people think you are something you aren't, that's the time to spend time with yourself. Self-reflection is the reason solitude is sacred.

CorpseKicker said...

Ha!

10101001 said...

Would it not be ambigious to ask your lecturer to think like a cheater?

brainless said...

first of all to find out that u actually got caugt coping makes me feel like my time spent teaching u in school was wasted after all these years u havent learnt the first role of copying 'make mistakes' or in ather words neve make a carbon copy!!!!!! i xpact ur appology for disgracing me in writen form !!!!

CorpseKicker said...

10101001>> Yes i think it would be dodgy to tell him to ask brainless over here for some "Cheating for Dummies" tips. Well, actually he might just start thinking that we simply can't cheat, let alone handle computer science problems.

CorpseKicker said...

brainless>> My most sincere apologies for shaming you as your cheating protégé. Hopefully in the future I shall take forward the Great brainless tradition and make you proud. And while you promptly accept my published apology, why don't you hand over your gratitude for me translating all those foul-scratches you made in everybody's yearbooks all through our matric year? (Just so you know: returning the glorious sentiment from 2004 you handed over in your post.)

brainless said...

i do appreciate what u did even tho phsyco aka crackpot use to do all the translations NB my shrink still says i need more time away from u she feels n i quote" the total lack of resone mixed with her perticular phsycoses is not good for ur recovry :} looking fawored to ur next set or rembelings :)

CorpseKicker said...

Give her my salaams, the pig.