Friday, April 27, 2007

Stuff I don't mind so much

I hate a lot of stuff. But you don't see me abusing the Internet by bitching and moaning about it all my life, do you? Have you noticed how that's a newly emerging trend? Seriously, you can't just go around saying,
"I hate:
  • short insecure men
  • people who spell wrong and still act clever
  • people who blog
  • people who bitch and moan on the Internet
  • people who are artificial
  • the pussycat dolls
  • COS 332
  • bollywood
  • AIDS
  • fuss

I think I'll start a website! Or maybe a blog!"

We all hate people. Most of the human race sucks, yes, but wasn't the idea to ignore this and act like everything is ok and normal so that we can suppress our emotions and carry on living? I mean haven't you people heard? It's all about the masquerade now. The only reason you smile at some people is to get through the moment. The moment's over soon. Then afterward you wonder... was it a moment at all? You weren't yourself, you were some plastic mask smiling at someone you'd rather do something much else to. It wasn't real. So does that mean it's only real when you go and blog and bitch and moan? I hate the expression "letting yourself go" but that's what it is, isn't it?
Hmm.. I change my mind. Anonymity is a great gift given to us by the Geeks that Be. People do suck.

9 comments:

neverBlink said...

Think carefully now stups..Is it the people who rant and rave you hate, or
the people who smile and act fake?

The people you feel are soul-less because they tell it like it is, or the people who really are soul-less but make it seem like they care?

When you blog, you tell it like it is, and if people don't want to listen, they don't have to keep reading. Flaming rules:) And you don't have to worry about your audience getting bored/offended if it's all anonymous.

Well done for changing your mind:)
Blogging is great...

CorpseKicker said...

I don't know hey, stups. All I know is, it seems kind of hard to live in this world and be social these days. Having to put up with all the shit people always seem to have. And if u think about it I have it too. If you say nothing of your emotions and keep it all in, you're frigid and inarticulate and have issues. This of course leads to fakeness (we know all about people like this, and it's ok, he doesn't know how to read..) If you let it all out, you're oversharing or bitching and moaning. This often leads to hurting yourself, because people who show everyone who they are don't realise some of the world might not like it and throw it back in your face. So ya, the only way to survive is to put on a mask and be whoever they want you to be. and when you go home at the end of the day, go blog, or write it down in your diary or laugh with zaheera about it. Will anyone ever get to know us that way, if we're never ourselves? I like me. Why can't I show me to other people?

What ever happened to "people like people who are themselves"?

Lobelia's Student said...

There's an important option both of you have not considered: Being yourself, NOT bitching, and not doing things TO bitch about.

Also the sad truth is people might not like the you that IS you. But at least that's better than being either liked or disliked for being fake.

Malakul said...

aaaah. teh tiesto number that SOUNDS SHIT but has great lyrics. KAREEMA. u best better giv it a listen. download de lyrics n read em over n over again. de track is Dj Tiesto - Just Be.... DOWNLOAD IT... wait i think i copied it for u

Malakul said...

zol zol zol... majikal green weed... sons of darkness...666...bla bla bla.... etc etc. IM BORED

Anonymous said...

corpsekicker, you're right. it's just hard to be social these days. Mostly I find myself being what other people want me to be. Other times just letting people in too easily, oversharing as you put it...it's just a sickening, vicious cycle and I'm stuck. Maybe it's fear of the judgement of others...I don't know what's normal anymore and I don't know if that's actually what I wanna be. I don't know what I want and I don't know what I'm looking for (off-topic I know but just felt like saying it anyway).

anti-verbose said...

"Either exist as you are, or be as you look" - Mevlana

queen_Lestat said...

I agree...last paragraph especially and hmmm the thing about short guys :P

viva_nasrullah said...

I beg to differ madam. Anonymity is the mask, the facade that we hide behind. Anything truly worth saying, anything that we truly believe in; should be said with courage - that means taking responsibility for your words (or actions for that matter). The plastic nature of our reality does not detract from the fact that it is our reality.

We make of our "plastic" reality what we wil. If we continue to treat it as we do, continue to fail to experience the true textures of our vivid, experience rich lives; then we are doing ourselves a great disservice. In which case we have only ourselves to blame for the artificiality of our experience.

It is thus important that this seductive deception, of expression through anonymity be halted. Your emotions, can only be truly expressed, understood and dealt with through a complete understanding of them. Stripped of context and the ropes which entangle us in our reality everything becomes a mere charade.