Sunday, February 10, 2008

Esteban


There used to be a guy with a *HAPPY* expression and cowboy hat on all the billboards you would see all over Gauteng. I don't actually know if they're still around but that would just make it weirder. One that was particularly haunting was the one right across from the main entrance of Tuks campus, at the Pretoria East Primary School. Can someone PLEEEASE help me and Alula out? Esteban, as what he has come to be known between us remains a mystery. What is he advertising? Is he someone famous? WHO IS HE?
I thought I had a revelation today while I was listening to Neil Young music (yeah, I know), but alas, it was but hopeful thinking. I shared this with Alula and now I'm going to share it with you. However, any questions concerning why exactly we speak on Windows Live Messenger, when we are in fact next door to each other in physical space - will be dismissed.

Kareema : EY
Kareema :OMG
{several nudges}
Zaheera :WHAT
Zaheera :WHAAAAAAAT
Zaheera :GOD
Kareema :YOU KNOW THAT UNNAMED MAN WE SEE EVERYWHERE
Kareema :WITH THE FUGGIN COWBOY HAT
Kareema :AND THE SMILE
Kareema :???
Zaheera :???????
Zaheera :YA
Zaheera :did you meet him?
Zaheera :lol
Kareema :waiT
Kareema :this is not the time to play
Kareema :its
Kareema :its
Kareema :its
Kareema :its
Zaheera :???????????????????????????????????
Zaheera :WHAT
Kareema :neil young.
Kareema :http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/6/8/0/3/9143086-9143088-large.jpg
Zaheera :HAAAAAAAAAAA
Zaheera :OMG
Zaheera :NEIL
Zaheera :NEIL
Kareema :look at him
Kareema :those
Zaheera :SIS
Kareema :MESMERISING EYES
Zaheera :no
Zaheera :thats not him!
Zaheera :>_<>_<>_<>_<>_< um="1&hl="en&cr="countryZA&q="esteban+billboard&btnG="Search+Images">_<

Help us out?

5 comments:

Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills said...

hhahahaha.

i have no idea who esteban is. i've never seen his ad either.

but your conversation had me in stitches.

anyway, just wanted to invite you to join The South African Bloggers Network - http://sabloggers.ning.com

still new, still recruiting...

but sign up so we can all hook up!

CorpseKicker said...

So Esteban does it again...
Or for the first time ever.

I wonder why no one else has commented here....

Libra said...

You don't deserve help.

queen_Lestat said...

This kept me awake for a while, because I know the face you're talking of vaguely,but couldn't get a name.

Then it hit me while I was driving!
Could it be Gary Player? He's an ex golfer who endorses golf courses on golfing estates now I think. *Googles for pic*

http://www.ticketsquick.com/grafx/GaryPlayer.jpg
is that him? looks a bit like Ronald Reagan to me?

CorpseKicker said...

ESTEBAN IS GREG NORMAN!

http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/Greg-Norman1.jpg